Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu

Just saw in the papers that there are 2 confirmed cases of Swine flu in London.


Mum had asked me to check with SQ this morning on changing the flight dates for the London trip due to that. SQ reply was NO and they assured that it is still safe in London.


Ah fry sms me and advised me not to go London as her bro (a doc) confirmed that this virus is WORSE than SARS. Being the sweet Ah fry, she even gave me SMS updates on the Swine flu virus' situation in Europe.

Checked with Sis at UK side, she told me that its all under control and we need to be careful. Amsterdam & Paris' trips are still as planned but no trips to other parts of Europe.

I will continue to monitor the situation and decide later our decision to travel. Moi's belief in life, whatever will be, will be.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your dilemma. During the SARs period, I had to make a business trip to Hong Kong. My mum was so against me going but I persisted. When I came home, she refused to talk to me for a few days. Later she said, "You want to put your own life at risk nevermind. What if you come back and spread to your own family and other people?" True enough the virus spread like wild fire after that.

    It made me feel so bad. Thank goodness everything was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get what u mean.. Hopefully this virus will go away soon with the warm weather coming soon

    ReplyDelete