Monday, April 13, 2009

My Good Friday Weekend

It was such a LONG weekend and in a flash, its OVER! Just wish that it will be even longer too!

What did i do over the weekend? Well, its mainly meet ups with family & relatives + a little time for ourselves.

1. Good Friday
We went to George's place (my cousin) to check out his newborn son. His son, Kayden is a naughty one. Kayden is supposed to be born on 27 April 2009 but he was born premature as my cousin in law's waterbag burst and she has to do an emergency C-section coz of Kayden's breech position and the burst waterbag.

Kayden resembles my Uncle totally with the trademark Wong's nose. (My siblings & me also got this trademark nose but Uncle & Kayden's ones are much more better looking than us!) After visiting Kayden, we went home and met up with the family for dinner. It was our treat for HK Aunt at Sushi Tei. That pretty sums up the Good Friday!

2. Saturday
I woke up early to prepare Piglet's porridge before heading to my in laws' place for lunch. My in laws are very happy to see her at their place and I saw the 2 rooms that Pirate King used to occupy are all cleaned up and ready for my younger Sis-in-law and her 3 kids to move it anytime.

While I am running after Piglet in the living room as she is playing with her cousin, chasing each other. My MIL , elder SIL and Pirate King are in the kitchen chatting. Apparently, my widowed younger SIL is unable to get the full sum of the insurance that her late husband left her as her Mother in law is taking it without leaving a single cent to her.

I dunno the dynamics between she and her MIL but I find that she is quite a poor thing. Before her husband's death, her home is already invaded by her Mother in law and her younger brother in law. Imagine, her family of 6 (including the maid) and another 4 more persons all squashed into a 4 room flat, not to mention 2 cats, birds and fish... Plus those deities. Her husband has his 2 legs amputated to knee and can't work. She is the sole breadwinner and she has to help out in her Mother in law's meat stall. Her Mother in law sells pork in the wet market. Not to mention taking care of her 3 kids and a sick husband, financially she is not very stable and its just enough.

Now, her MIL taking the whole sum of the insurance money despites the fact that it was to be shared 50-50 between the 2 of them.

Then, a little incident happened. My MIL helped me to keep an eye on Piglet while I was having my lunch. Once i finished my lunch, I took over. My SIL's 4 /5 years old son is a mischievous one and he climbed up the sofa by standing on the stool and onto the sofa's arms. Now, my in laws' sofa set is those Chinese Furniture, all heavy solid wood and it can cause fatal injuries if you hurt yourself. So seeing what her cousin does, Piglet followed suit! I chided Piglet and push the stool under the chair so that she can't take it out and repeat the same action.

Guess what her cousin, took the stool out and attempted the same stunt. I also chided him for that and surprisingly, my SIL told her son off for setting a bad example for Piglet. Previously, my SIL gave me a buey song face when i chided her daughter for no manners (using her hand to take food directly from the table). Now, she tells her son off? I dunno, perhaps it might be her another way of showing buey song... Heck, can't be bothered... My main priority... To ENSURE that Piglet dun hv any unnecessary bumps and knocks!

3. Sunday
Our PT cleaning lady flew us kite big time and Pirate King has to do the household chores in the morning while i settled Piglet and her stuff. Then we left for East Coast Park for lunch at Long Beach Seafood Restaurant. The standard of the food there is getting from BAD to WORSE! Anyway, the lunch is to celebrate my Dad's birthday.

After lunch, Harry drove us back home as they are going to our place to collect Piglet's baby stuff for their unborn son. They are surprised by the amount of baby stuff we had. We passed them Piglet's spare stroller, baby bouncer, mats, toys, carrier etc etc. HK Aunt told me that they were quite surprised to see the amount of newborn clothes that Piglet has coz some of them are labelled with her initials (for infant care centre) as they are washing the clothes!

When it was evening, Pirate King told me to feed Piglet her dinner. Apparently, she was not hungry and I did not feed her. After an hour or so, I told Pirate King to feed her instead but he wanted to siam the duty by asking Piglet whether she wants dinner or not. Obviously, Piglet wont be able to answer him and I got so fed up with his antics. I just went to the kitchen and heat up her porridge, followed by locking myself into the study room.

Wow, its such a bliss to be able to use my notebook in peace for at least 1 hour and letting Pirate King to bond with Piglet. Anyway, I was quite surprised at myself that i did not shout at Pirate King for his antics... :) I only got out of the room when my stomach is growling! Heheh!

This is how i spent my long weekend and it was all over in a FLASH! I need more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment