Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleeping Ritual - Part II

After using Ah Fry's recommendation on Ms Claire with a little adaption.... I officially pronounced that Claire still needs her Mama (me, yes super proud of me) to accompany her to sleep!

Currently, Claire & I are sleeping together coz PK kena flu and we self quarantined ourselves away from him. COme to think of it, i should demand for a massage from him coz my bones are stiff from sleeping on the floor!

As usual, Ms Claire will do a lot of stunts before she is willing to sleep (I stopped barking liao, i just issued a statement & followed by "ignorance is bliss" tactic) Just today, I told her that if she refused to sleep, i will get out of the room. She went back to her sleeping position but for a while. I just got out of the bed and went to sleep on the floor.

She immediately, "Mama" and went to join me too. She squeezed a small space besides me but she STILL REFUSED to SLEEP! In the end, i ordered her to sleep on her bed. She climbed back onto her bed and she threw everything on the bed down to my mattress. I CONTINUED TO IGNORE HER!!!

Guess what, she came down and tried to sleep besides me. I IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE her. In the end, she climbed back to her bed and fell asleep. She threw everything down except for 1 pillow!

I m surprised at myself for not BARKING and able to IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE! As for Ms Claire, I m quite surprised that she understands my instructions well and accepted that the bed is her permanent place for sleeping.

5 comments:

  1. Yalor.. I also find it funny. She threw her soft toy first and i threw it back... Then she threw everything down... Me just heck lah... and never said anything...

    I guess she saw me no reaction... also sianz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like tat then steady mah, 'cos she knows u is unruffled oredi. u is cool mommy to her leh, so good! =)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...so cute and yes ignoring is the tactic!! gosh works for my girl too..actually i zip my mouth after saying goodnight..the more i talk the more she stays awake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, i think they re testing our patience now! So ignorance is BLISS!

    ReplyDelete