Sunday, July 5, 2009

Celebrations Saga

Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays or any forms of celebrations will have issues especially if you re holding a major one or to do with customs.

Moi cousin is celebrating her son's 1sth mth birth this coming Saturday. But the celebration customs and stuff had lead to a saga. Basically, she asked the elders for advice on what to prepare and stuff... Oh and the invitation list is the main thing that caused the most outrage!

When the elders (IE my Mum) gave their opinions and comments, they were faced with a major backlash from her. This cousin of mine usually talks without thinking and the tone she used when she talks is ATTITUDE big time.

So it ended up Sis, Bond & me got involved in the whole saga.

Cousin asked me how Claire's first month celebration was done. It ended up me almost puking blood via MSN coz she quoted that HK dun hv such practices.... I was like... "Hello, this is Singapore!!! Cannot use their practices to apply on Singapore..." I volunteered to help Cousin but her lousy attitude is, "U can help me meh? I dun think so, u still got Ms Piggy to settle." I was like, WTF... people here offer their help will sure know how to settle their kids lah... Anyway, seeing her attitude like that, better not to help.....

Sis in London, 8 hours timezone difference helped to settle the dilemma between cousin & Mum via MSN over the celebration. Cousin insisted that Mum wants this and that but Mum is pissed off with her attitude.

Ah bond (back in Sg for 2 weeks plus), the most doted by Cousin & her hubby is the official coolie for the occassion. Hehe, so only my bro is helping out...

Looking at this saga thing, my conclusion... such celebration is usually to satisfy the elders. Just do what the elders want as long as the elders are not asking for the sky & moon. Also, my cousin also double standards, she said she dun want to have the hassle of a major celebration... But why are u inviting your friends & colleagues to celebrate? As far as i know, there is around 40-60 plus friends & colleagues invited....

And her reason for that? Coz they have been invited to countless such celebrations... Piang, PK & I also invited to countless such celebrations but we choose to do it for the relatives.... I guess at the end of the day, it boils down to how u do it....

Anyway, I should bring Ms Piggy there earlier to swim and go for the celebration later.

No comments:

Post a Comment