Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I dun like people calling me ATAS.....

ATAS => Its a Malay word meaning high class and we used it interchangably for expensive or upclass taste.

I got very irritated if people used this word excessively on me. I know my tastes are expensive and the stuff I bought or used are not cheap. I admit I LOVE the FINER THINGS in life.

My shoes are expensive but they re not Jimmy Choos or Manolo Blahniks. I dun buy Charles & Keith shoes like most Singaporean ladies as they dun have suitable cutting, style and sizes for my BIG SIZE 8.5 - 9 FEET! Add insult to my feet size, I am flat footed and not to mention, I m born with bunions!!!!!!! Can you imagine how tough it is for me to find a suitable pair of shoes?

I bought WMF pots & Henckels knives (Made in Europe) as they re a long term household investment. Not to mention, my Herman Miller chair to prevent backaches.

Just that day, my cousin in law commented that Claire won't use Drypers disposable diapers coz her MUM me has ATAS TASTE!!! I was like WTF, Claire has sensitive skin that's y i can't let her wear any brand of disposable diapers except for Pampers Premium or Huggies Ultra.

Bloody hell... Kettle calling pot black... They also ATAS taste mah, choice of home => EC, got car, played golf.... All these are ATAS!!!

Okie, enough of lamenting! (Hehe, for me to dispel my negativity)

Back to work!

2 comments:

  1. For shoes, I prefer quality too as they're stronger and last longer.

    I must say WMF pots are good investment. Few days ago, I cooked mixed cereal porridge in the pot until really really burnt. The entire pot turned black and the layer of blackened grains stuck on the bottom like glue. My son says I should throw it away. I soaked overnight and still cannot scrub out. Then I poured in some baking soda and soaked for 2 more nights. This morning, I managed to scrub off all the black parts. The metal wasn't really scratched despite intensive scrubbing and now it's shiny again. I doubt I would be able to salvage another steel pot that doesn't have a heavy base like WMF's!

    Kid's diapers also important. My son had sensitive skin and after trying so many brands, I also stuck to Pampers. I rather pay abit more than to end up having to see doc for hte skin problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Muaks* I think for the burnt pot, used hot water to soak it first and scrub it. Those stubborn bits used hot water to soak it again.

    That's what i did! :)

    ReplyDelete