Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chance?

Due to the global economic situation, the shipping industry (my co) has been hit the worst. Now, the co's focus is to get more detention & demurrage revenue from the customers.

Yours truly are being assigned to this project. I hate this project since Day 1 due to alot of factors. There was no proper training on what is detention & demurrage revenue, no proper system is in place and the worst thing is THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION! How pathetic can it be for such a firm that is one of the TOP 5 shipping companies in the WORLD!

Suddenly for this week, I had been assigned alot of MI (MISSION IMPOSSIBLE) tasks to get it kickstart. I was extremely unhappy coz SS shouted at me for this coz CFO din talk to her directly... Plus, i need the help of my other dept colleagues. He is okie to give me the information but somehow he is reluctant to share. I dun blame him for that coz if he teaches me 100% of it... What is his dept for?

Anyway, I had an interesting chat with another dept manager, A san. A san was telling me how good this opportunity for me and blah blah. As I chatted with her, I really looked up to her. A san is ready for retirement anytime and she is humble. The fact that she used to be in the CEO level n reduced to a manager coz my co bought over hers. Plus, she has so much knowledge & experience to share with us.

From her chat, I realised that I m not the only one who is watching DRAMA unfolds in my co. She is looking at it in a positive way whereas me in a negative way. Perhaps she is right that this might be a chance or opportunity for me to shine in my current co. No matter what, her positive outlook does make my day and that i m not as alone as I thought to be in the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment