Friday, August 14, 2009

Brands

I read my fren's blog last night based on her post, she is trying to sell her Agnes B bags to buy the LV bags' she is eyeing on.

This morning, I saw a lady carrying a bag that is similar to the LV Monogram Multicolor series but a local brand. The first thing that came to my mind is, this BAG IS YUCKS coz of the design & color and not become its a LV wannabe.

That reminds me in Secondary School days, there is this brand called, "Elle" and its like the equivalent of an LV bag. Those schoolmates that can afford this brand, we will gawk & wow at them for having these bags. And the "Elle" wannabe brand is "Neve", i think both brands are defunct.

Also at the same time, it started the trend of having branded bags as school bags. I remember Jean Paul Gaultier (JPG) is extremely popular with my school mates. Not only that some classmates of mine used BRANDED paper bags to subsitute as school bags too. My teachers will lecture them as they usually will not bring the necessary textbooks to school!

Come to think of it, the branded bag syndrome has already been ingrained since young in this sense. Now i realised I can afford to buy a branded bag but I questioned myself the necessity of spending a few thousands on a bag. I no longer gawk at colleagues or friends for having branded bags as owning them dun mean that you are many levels above others.

No comments:

Post a Comment