Thursday, August 6, 2009

狗屎运

Dunno what 狗屎运 that Claire got... must be her good karma in her previous life lah... She managed to secure a place in the Buddhist childcare centre near Mum's place. I din know that this centre is so popular.

In fact the principal called me to reject my application but i was quite pissed off with her in the sense that she did not tell me that the centre is mainly set up for the underprivileged children. Anyway from the conversation with her, I realised Singaporeans generally are a demanding lot.

She told me that the centre's children are mainly Msians, Chinese PRCs and generally Chinese speaking etc etc... Also, she told me that the centre does not teach the children academic stuff and being a budhhist centre, they offer VEGETARIAN food only! I was like, "WAT" big time as the above she told me was like nothing to me.

In the end, me being me, i just made this below statement to her:
"Frankly speaking, I dun care much about what stuff the Centre teaches. I just want her to go to a place where she can play and interact with other children. To be exposed to other children who are less fortunate than her and learn how to be humble."

I was in shock when she told me that she will accept Ms Claire into the centre. In a way, i feel bad as I felt that I had robbed someone else of a place there but i guess if i continue to do pay this good deed forward. I think its good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment