Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Viral Infection Again!

Viral infection strikes Ms Piggy again!

I called Mum when Pirate King told me that Ms Piggy has high fever. Mum told me that her temperature ranges from 38.5 to 39 degrees! So i told Mum that I will take half day leave and bring her to Dr Chan's clinic. I managed to book an appointment at 3.30pm.

I rushed back to Mum's place and to find her asleep. So I packed her stuff and got myself some rest. When she woke up, her cheeks are red and burning to touch. I immediately took a wet towel and wiped her. HK Aunt told me that I need to use iced towel to wipe her but i was reluctant to do that as I dun want Claire to scream unnecessarily.

So HK Aunt did it for me and Claire was crying buckets & screaming at the same time! As much as its very deafening to hear Claire's screams, it was hilarious to see her running away from the towel. We dressed her up and waited for Mum. Mum went with us to Dr Chan's clinic. It was a madhouse at the clinic too... Alot of toddlers & babies sick!

It was ironic to hear Dr Chan say, "Welcome" to us when its our turn. As usual, Claire cried when Dr Chan tried to examine her. Dr Chan was stunned by Claire's strength as Claire was kicking in order to escape from our clutches! Her cries stopped immediately the moment food was given to her.

Dr Chan instructed the nurse to give Claire a suppository to bring her fever down. Wow, Claire was kicking again when the nurse inserted it up her butt.... Now i just want her fever to go away and dun come back... Hopefully like what my colleague said, its a growing up sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment