Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Boy or girl, does it matter?

I was having this conversation with Pirate King 2 nights ago on having a 2nd child. I told him that it is very stressful for me as his Mother, my MIL kept on telling Piglet to bring a brother along EVERYTIME she sees Piglet.

And what happens if the 2nd child is not a boy? Does it mean that my MIL will disregard us? Or does it mean that if my 2nd child is a boy, i will be able to demand alot of things from my parents in laws? Meaning, I get to borrow the family car regardless of what, I can get my child to bully the other cousins? The more I spoke about it, the more carried away I got! Pirate King responded by giving me a smack on my butt!

Frankly speaking, its ridiculous to expect that the 2nd child will definitely be a boy based on the fact that Piglet looks like a boy! I also looked like a boy when i was a toddler but Mum's 2nd child is a GIRL! To me, regardless of the gender, as long as they are my children, they will be loved by me. Even if their grandparents disregard them, its' their problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment