Monday, May 26, 2008

Rice Cereals - A Big Hole in the pocket!

A forum Mummy introduced this Organic Rice Cereal from Down Under, I got my colleague in Sydney office to buy 5 packets for Claire to try.

Once the 5 packets are finished, feedback from her nanny is that she loves it absolutely. I realised what is so different about this rice cereal from the rest is that it has added Sunflower Lecithin to it and it is very fine as compared to the other brands.

Since, this is not available in Singapore. I have no choice but to ask my colleague to get it for me and ship to Singapore. Guess what, the rice cereals are out of stock and my kind colleague made multiple trips to Woolworths (our NTUC equivalent) to get it for me. The postage cost of the rice cereals totally killed me, its a whopping AUD$90.50!!! This is enough to buy another 45 packets of the rice cereals! I just went to the Post office to get the International Bank draft to pay my colleagues. After conversion and plus commission charges, the rice cereals plus postage costs me SGD$238. Its like $6.15 per packet!!!

Oh well, for the sake of my precious daughter, I should not sting on food! I was telling Pirate King that we better instill Claire the idea of being filial to us from young! Somehow, I can understand the efforts and sacrifices that my parents made for me. At least, I feel that giving her food that is beneficial to her health is not spoiling her.


No comments:

Post a Comment