Friday, May 23, 2008

Nicknames!

Was just typing a post in the forum and i realised Claire has many nicknames!

Ang Tze See 洪子晰, that 's the official name on her birth certificate. Her dear Papa aka Pirate King decided not to list Claire in her birth cert so that she will always have the option to change her English name. Bad move coz those future ang moh colleagues of Claire might not be able to prounounce her name!

Before Claire was born, we called her Piglet or 猪猪. Once she s born, we called her by her Chinese name in Mandarin as her name sounds like the color, "Purple" in Cantonese.

Nevertheless, here is a list of nicknames we called her:

1. 臭猪猪 (My Mum)
2. 臭女儿 (Pirate King)
3. 傻妹妹 (My Mum)
4. 晰晰 (My HK Uncle)
5. 小板凳 (My Dad)
6. Ang Zhai See (My Mum, Sis)
7. Sweetie (Me)
8. Sweetie Pie (Me)

So, i guess i m the only one who gave Claire quite a decent nickname! Most of the nicknames came with a story.

The most classic one is Ang Zhai See, meaning "knowing the meaning of death". It so happened that Claire needs to be hospitalised for jaundice and the nurse misprounounced her name... And it got stuck forever.

My Dad called her 小板凳 as he likes to sing her this Mandarin song and Claire responds well to him.

As for me, I find that Sweetie or Sweetie Pie is definitely much better than darling or 宝贝. I got goose pimples whenever i hear people calling their children, 宝贝 especially my Sis-in-law calling her son that!

No comments:

Post a Comment