Monday, August 6, 2007

My "Interesting" Weekend!

Last weekend was "interesting"......

Mum, Lian Ann & me went to Changi Naval Base to send Fat Bond off on last Sat. He will be away for 6 weeks and travelling to Brunei, Cairns & Vietnam. His stops are like this order, Vietnam, Brunei & Cairns and back to Singapore.

The send off is about 4 hours. We board the shuttle bus to Changi Naval Base at 12.15pm from Expo MRT station. We reached the base at 12.45pm and exchanged for pass etc. Fat Bond bought us to his "home" for 6 weeks. The naval ship is of LTS type, I dunno what it means... Bond told me that the ship is used for logistics purposes.

His bunk is buried deep into the ship. We had to climb like 2 - 3 storeys of stairs and the stairs are so steep that I m having muscle ache in my thighs since Sat. His bed width is 2/3 of a single bed size and the ceiling is so slow! The saving grace is that his bunk is air-conditioned!

Seeing such a bunk bought back memories for Mum, she had slept in such a bunk before when she boarded the ship from Singapore to Hong Kong back in the 70s. Mum was pretty worried about Fat Bond but she didn't show it out. We were shooed out of the ship by 2.20pm. Ah bond and the rest of his batch waved us good bye from the open deck of the ship!

Both Mum and me had a hard time trying to look for Bond! As all of the looked identical in their naval uniform! By the time, we went back to Expo MRT station, its already 3.30pm! Mum commented that she wont send Bond off when he is going off for his next sea training in Feb 08 as it is so tiring! :)

Yesterday, I had no intention of going out but to stay home to do my household chores.... But Mum dragged me out as she and Sengkang Auntie are signing up for a tour package to China, if they pay the tour package by OCBC credit card. They will be entitled to an additional $100 discount of their package price.

So, i went to Marina Square to meet up with Mum, Sengkang Auntie & Sis. We had lunch first, Sis fed us well and we went to make the payment for the tour package later on.

Once, everything is settled. We did a bit of shopping, Mum & Sis bought some clothes and I can only looked on at the stuff they are buying! After that, we went home! It was so tiring for me.. I can't imagine that I m able to shop throughout the whole day previously!

No comments:

Post a Comment