Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Mum....

My Mum is a housewife, in today's term, she will be known as SAHM => Stay At Home Mum or a homemaker!

She is a fanastic Mum. She has little education but she bought up the 3 of us well, imparting all the values and trained us to be independent, not to take things for granted etc etc.......

For me, I m the eldest so her expectations on me are high to the extent of being too harsh on me at times. Plus, i really set a bad example to my siblings. If, you looked at it objectively, I m the model example of "reverse education"... ie my siblings are self trained to avoid provoking my Mum during their growing up days!

No doubt, my Mum loves me the most! Somehow, now that i 'm married and pregnant with my 1st child. I relied heavily on her to advise me what re the necessities to get for the birth of my child!

So, we went to the Baby Fair at Takashimaya..... Pirate King and I wanted to get the baby sling so that we could use this to carry piglet around without straining our arm muscles when fetching Piglet to & fro Mum's place. Wow, Mum's opinons about the baby sling is so strong that we put off the idea of getting it for the time being.

Basically, Mum is not objecting to us getting it but she feels that it is cumbersome to use the sling... Plus, it might not be useful if Piglet is a notti baby... She feels that its better for us to buy the stuff if we really need to use it!

Pirate King and i discussed about the differences of opinions between Mum & our friends who had children. I came to a conclusion that times had changed and Mum meant for our good so that we dun spend too much on Piglet and waste resources.

After all, she is my Mum and I respect her for all that she has given me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment