Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Weary.. really weary

I m really weary... In a span of 2 days, another family drama unfolds again.

As mentioned earlier in some of my posts, my parents are not on talking terms and their behaviour are downright childish. On Monday, my Dad called me and lashed out at me despites my repeated attempts to tell him to talk to me after 6pm as I m swarmed with work. But NO, he just won't stopped!

I decided I had enough of the parents' behaviour and i had to speak out to both parties separately in order to get the issue resolved or at least made it known to them that their behaviour is getting on everyone's nerves. So, i spoke to my Mum first as I was meeting her after work. I told her the truth about my siblings & my take on their behaviour and told her that both parents are at fault for things to come to such an end. As usual, Mum cried and at that moment, I regretted my decision to tell her that while at the same time, I feel relief.

As I had to stay over at my parents place on Monday nite, Mum came in twice into Bro's room and asked me why do I think she is at fault and questioned me even further as if I m siding with my Father. The thing that pissed me off most is to threaten me with the childcare arrangement again! Nevermind, at 12 midnight, a call from London and asked me why do I have to confront my Mum with the truth?

Next morning, I woke up feeling unwell as due to lack of sleep, my flu has finally blown up. Went to office with blocked nose & ears that led to teary eyes. My colleagues all told me to see the doc & take the day off. Guess what, at the doc's place, Mum called and told me to pick up Claire straight after seeing the doctor as if I can afford to be sick, why not she!

I cleared my work and went to pick Claire up and SK Aunt called and talked to me a while about my Mum's behaviour and advised me on what to do. Later, my Dad called and I was not in a mood to talk to anyone. I just switched my mobile to silent mode. Upon reaching home, HK Aunt called and I told her that I will call her back later as I need to settle Claire first.

I called HK Aunt and she asked me this question, "What do you mean by both parents are wrong? What WRONG did your Mum do?" I was like, "What!" and I replied that I dun want to answer her question and I m tired. She begun to plummet me with accusations and that even if I m tired, I MUST ANSWER HER QUESTION. I got fed up and she even accused me of throwing my temper at her... I really can't take it and broke down & i told her that i need to rest.

Suddenly, I m the one who caused everything. Everything is my fault, I should not have say this or that. I m really sick of all this, pandering to everyone... I m really angry, I m angry at my parents for doing this to me. Why can't they settle their own problem and get so many parties involved? I mean getting a divorce in their 60s is nothing shameful to be about either, what is face? If you really want face, will both of you behave in such a manner?

Now, I m really weary of all this drama. I will talk to my Father on Thursday and my case is closed. I should not bother about them anymore and I want to get on with my live. I dun want to be shackled by them anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment