Friday, November 13, 2009

Indian cuisine today...

I can't believe it myself...

I had Indian Cuisine for 2 meals today, Lunch & dinner.

Lunch was Indian Vegetarian at Amara Hotel Food Court. It was a farewell treat for my colleague, L. He is leaving the company to pursue his Sea Captain course. It was my first time trying it and it gave me a good impression as it was not oily & greasy as the usual Chicken Biryani I had in those Indian Food stalls.

L was surprised that it was my first time having it and he was relieved to know that i enjoy it very much. We chatted about work, family and stuff. We shared similar views on our company's management and he even told me about this nickname given to one of the colleagues. From him, i learnt quite a couple of things and this will help me in my work experience in dealing with people.

Dinner was at Tiffin Room, Raffles hotel. As PK was a Feed at Raffles Gourmet card member, the compliementary voucher was buffet at Tiffin Room or Bar & Billard Room at Raffles Hotel. We decided to give Tiffin Room a try since Bar & Billard Room's buffet is CMI. Quoting PK's words, "To try ATAS curry!"

Well, the ambience was good and the food was good too especially the Tomato Soup that they had at the buffet, its something like Tom Yum (slightly spicy) while at the same time hearty... good for the rainy weather. Basically, the variety is not as much as those normal buffet but it gives u an insight on the North Indian food from appetitisers to main course to desserts.

The desserts we tried, i must say is really an acquired taste and it s either too sweet or too bland for most of it. PK & I loved the Indian style ice cream but we concluded that we won't go for the 2nd time unless its a treat! :P

For me, as usual after each Indian food meal, I will have the runs and that explains why I wont go for Indian food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment