Monday, September 7, 2009

Role Reversal

Its really role reversal.

My Father has morphed into a child now and with his old set ways. Its really difficult to talk to him without losing my sanity. I m still trying to communicate with him better.

Yesterday, my Mum complained to me about his ways. He called me back later to explain tonnes of things about his actions and I have no patience for his explanation as he LOVES to talk by beating around the bushes plus not to mention that I told him that I m busy attending to Ms Piggy.

Furthermore, he has this annoying habit of using his mobile phone to call despites him being at home and our many attempts to tell him not to do that. He being a retiree, instead of cutting back on his expenses, spent more and this became a source of problem for my parents and which in turn will be my problem.

In a sense, my Mum, my siblings and I had given up on our Dad. As much as I don't want to treat him in such a way but he just won't listen to us and now he told us that he wants to resign from his job. I m foreseeing more problems, we did tell him to quit his job if its taking a toll on his health due to the weird working hours. But he will be going back to his old job which is another headache for us.

I do love my Father despites all the stuff he has done to create so much heartaches and pain to the family. Now, I just hope that he will listen to us by not going back to his old job and if possible old ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment