Monday, September 14, 2009

How to curb this habit?

Ms Piggy has this annoying habit of biting her soft toys and especially before sleeping time!

Currently, my first priority is to wean her off the midnight milk feeds. I tot it was a success but on Sat night, she resumed crying for milk again, hopefully it will go away soon!

Today in the MRT, I was so pissed off by this comment of an Auntie. Claire was sitting inside her stroller and biting her cat (as usual) and then she threw the cat on the floor in a bid to get PK & my attention. We re ignoring her so that she wont give us any pattern. Her pattern can cause alot of disruption to other passengers and we figured out that IGNORANCE is the BEST TACTIC.

This Auntie saw Claire's action of biting the cat & throwing the cat. She immediately threw out this to me, "Dun let the kid bit the cat. You must teach her!" I told PK, "Why she so KPO?" Another Auntie told her not to be KPO coz it dun concerned her. I know that Auntie's comments meant good but does she want Claire to cause disruption to her and others?

Previously, I was also self-righteous when I saw kids misbehaving on the train & stuff. But now I know why some parents adopted certain tactics. So now, I wont comment on anything unless that kid displayed extreme behaviour like bullying or stuff....

Anyway, we tried to apply lemon juice on Claire's cat to stop her from biting it but somehow, it failed. Quoting PK's words, "Lemon juice is like eating the super lemon sweet. No effect one and she gets high on it!" PK suggested bittergourd juice and I think this will be the next on my agenda.

2 comments:

  1. Kids go through phases and will grow out of this soon. If it doesn't cause any harm, or is therapeutic for her, then it is fine to let her do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think so... HAiz but the elders.. :(

    Anyway, Claire stopped biting the cat now. She just licked coz got the lemon taste!

    ReplyDelete