Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Language

I was sharing a video of Claire & her cat with my friends when Ah Fry posed this question to me, "Do you speak English or Mandarin to her?"

This led me to "freak out" again as I don't intend for her to be a language victim like me when I first started Primary School.

My Mum is the sole care taker of Ms Piggy and she speaks mainly Cantonese to her, not to mention me and my family. PK speaks to her mainly in Mandarin & English and sometimes a bit of Hokkien & Cantonese. If outsiders speak to her in Mandarin or English, she will give you the intense & "I dunno what you re talking" look to them.

Just as I was worried about it, Ms Piggy assured me that she won't be a language victim. I was telling her not to play with the power sockets and she mumbled this phrase to me, "Dounch touch!" Later on that day, she was asking PK to the Barney DVD for her to watch in Mandarin.

Phew, I think my colleague is rite as she was telling me not to be worried about the language stuff. As long as we speak to her in different languages, Claire will able to pick up, learn & understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment