Thursday, May 14, 2009

Appraisal

I had my appraisal with SS yesterday. I had braced myself for the worst but I was quite surprised at the outcome. I did not receive any violent backlash from her and I did not react defensively to some points she raised about me.

The most truthful point that she raised about me is that I had lost my motivation to learn (ie work) and I m just giving her the minimum. Well, my answer to her is that there is no monetary motivation and I dun see any point in doing this appraisal as my increment is not dependent on this appraisal.

She defended this appraisal by telling me that the company doesn't have a complicated appraisal mechanism and no peer to peer or 360 degrees appraisal coz different managers have different sets of standards. Thus, our increment is not dependent on the appraisal.... I was like, "WTF" inside my mind... As my company is considered a MNC and their appraisal system is like... so so ELEMENTARY.... I have nothing to say.

Furthermore, she said that I m short sighted not to have the desire to learn. I told her matter of fact that we worked as we need to support ourselves and family, it is monetary & realistic to learn. The desire to learn must come from within, i agree but with the lack of monetary motivation and the poor management from SS... Any desire to learn is being killed off!

The best part is she commented on me saying that I m crude in my communication. I was totally stunned... This is personal. In all my official correspondence with my colleagues & counterparts, I had never ever used any vulgarities on them before and always be polite. So far, noone has ever complained to her about my "crude" communication. So, this aspect is personal.

Anyway, in this appraisal... My opinion of her still stands the same, till i found another opportunity if not my desire to learn, motivation to learn will never be renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment