Monday, December 15, 2008

The lousy weekend of Ms Claire!

My dear gal is down with flu again!!! For the past week, she has been waking up 3-4 times in the night as if from multiple nightmares. This is a nightmare for me too coz she will only return to sleep with me besides her! Her constant wake ups in the night seems to be symptoms of falling sick!

Last Friday morning, Mum called me and told me that she heard her coughing in her afternoon nap.... And on Friday night, Claire woke up at 3 am crying. I woke up and made her feed, she did not finish her milk and cried when i got out of the room to clean the milk bottle. Mum came over (we were staying overnight at Mum's place) and came to sayang her. After I came back to the room, I heard her nose was super blocked and she tried very hard to sleep... So, i woke Pirate King up (sleeping in my Sis' room) and asked him to help me administer the medication on her.

Boy, did she wail when he administered the medication on her! After that, i was trying my best to comfort her as she was still sobbing.... Pirate King then touched her hand and asked her, "Why are you throwing tantrums, Ms Ang?" The moment her Papa did that, she WAILED AGAIN!

My parents were awakened by her and came over to see what's wrong. Guess what, she wants her Popo to manja her... So Mum slept besides her, patting her and speaking softly to her. This rascal of mine finally got to sleep!

In the morning, we booked an appointment with the paediatrician for Claire. Pirate King & my dad will go to the temple and pray first and meet us at the paediatrician's clinic later. When we reached the clinic (it was a long wait), Claire tried to "destroy" the toys at the clinic and she tried to interact with other children at the clinic too.

When Dr Chan tried to check her ears and throat etc, Claire wailed again. Dr Chan played peek-a-boo with her while listening to her lungs and stuff! Dr Chan told us that her lungs are cleared and that if her symptoms dun improve after a week of medication. We have to bring her in again as she s afraid that it might develop into bronchitis.

I asked Pirate King whether is he able to handle Claire alone at night as I need to attend my colleague's wedding dinner. He told me that he will be fine even though Mum offered to take care of Claire for us but i refused it as I want Mum to rest during the weekend!

Claire was especially sticky to me and she was wailing when Pirate King tried to feed her porridge. She simply refused to eat when her Papa fed her and only ate when i fed her. However, her phelgm acted her and once she coughed, she vomitted all the porridge that we fed her. She was crying big time when she vomitted. Perhaps, she was worried that we might scold her but i guess its more like she was feeling lousy!

About one hour later, she was crying for food and she eagerly finished the rice cereal that I made for her. After that she was very stick and kept on crying if she dun see me anywhere near her or put her down when i m tired from carrying her. When i left the house, she was wailing big time.

Pirate King told me that she continued to cry till she 's tired and he din manage to feed her the medication as she fell asleep after her last milk feed!

On Sunday, Ms Piggy seems to be in better shape but she drove us crazy with her antics of being sticky! Basically, she refused to sleep, refused to let Pirate King carried her while I m around. Boy, i m so tired! Now, I just want her to get well soon and be my cheeky gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment