Saturday, December 20, 2008

Different stores, different level of service.....

No wonder, the retail sector service in Singapore is so lousy. Below are my 2 encounters that justify this claim!

Birkenstock vs Club 21
On Thursday, cheapskate me went to the Birkenstock shop in Tanglin Mall to try out the pair of sandals (Sizing) i wanna get online..... Boy, the Sales Assistant there pigeon-eyed. If you are an Ang Moh/look rich/speak England with an Ang Moh accent, the service provided is first class but i dun belong to any of the category.... So u can imagine the service level provided? But, i can't really complain coz I m not buying rite?

Went to Forum later (where all the Club 21 shops are => PLACE WHERE THE RICH CAN REALLY BUY THE STUFF), even though i was just checking out the merchandise with Piglet in tow and did not buy anything. The sales assistants are friendly, they greet & smiled at me! In one of the store, the sales assistant even went into their store to get me the different designs and colours of the scarfs they had left! I managed to get a winter scarf for my Sis there!

Conclusion => Club 21 trained their Sales assistant well. As for Birkenstock store, the Auntie looking me can afford to buy your sandals!

Cortina vs The Hour Glass
On Friday, we were window shopping for Ah Bond's watch at Cortina Watch. Somehow, i find their sales assistants do not know their products well and they just want to close a deal. So, i told Mum perhaps we might go to The Hour Glass to check out the watch again. (Pirate King & I got our watches there mah!) Even though i did tell Mum that the prices will be approximately the same for the watch at different places.

After a while, Bond got his Tudor watch (his 21st Birthday gift from my parents!) At night, Bond was examining his watch and realised that there are a few hairline scratches! Mum's instructions were either to exchange for a new watch or refund!

So, i went down today to get it exchange and Cortina informed me that they can't exchange and they will do the touch up for me so that the scratches will be gone. Told that to Mum and got an earful from her, so went back to Cortina and managed to get a refund for the watch.

Pirate King and I went to The Hour Glass to check out the watch for Bond. The sales assistant recognised us and told us that the watch Bond wants is not available but he can order for us. We spent a bit of time there and managed to get the info required. (HK Aunt wanna get a Rolex watch for my cousin)

Conclusion => The Hour Glass staff knows their products well and are able to provide the extra service. They will advise on how to maintain the watches etc. Whereas Cortina dunno their products well and gave me the sense that they just wanna close a deal... Somewhere, Cortina gave me the impression that they are an Ah Beng store. Simply put, got money also dun want to spend at Cortina!

No comments:

Post a Comment