Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pineapple Tarts Story

Pineapple tarts, something that became extremely expensive and popular during the Chinese New Year.

Colleague A, sent an email to the rest of my dept to collate $500 (free delivery) worth of orders from this bakery, Le Cafe. Their pineapple tarts are the size of the golf balls and tasted better than Bengawan Solo but their location is a bit out of the way. So, my dept including myself ordered 8 bottles of the pineapple tarts.

A later called us and inform us that we need another extra bottle to hit the $500 target. So, Anna of my dept gallantly offered to take up this 1 bottle. Later on A called to inform us that during the schedule of the bakery, the bakery could only deliver the tarts to us after 4 Feb & before 14 Feb, thus the price of the tarts has increased from $18.80 t0 $19.80. Thus, we need to make the decision whether we still wanna order.

Anna, who "gallantly" took up the extra 1 bottle was lamenting about the $1!!! I was thinking to myself that $1 is nothing but keeping my bloody mouth shut & face expressionless. After much ding ding dong dong, we stuck to our orders.

Then the next day, A checked with us whether anyone of us could write a cheque of $250 to the bakery (50% deposit). Anna heard that and LAMENT BIG TIME about it. I was thinking to myself again, "Din ask u to pay, why you lament for what!"

All along, my gut told me that Anna is a calculative cum temperamental one. Judging from the recent incidents and events, her true colours are slowly coming out and I wonder how long will SS be able to tolerate her behaviour?

No comments:

Post a Comment