Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decisions, decisions

I had been thinking about a lot of stuff recently, the stuff i thought about is the usual, my family & work.

Family, the need for moving from Redhill to Bedok seems to be more and more obvious. Claire has started her childcare life and the centre is situated a few blocks away from my parents' place. Currently, both of us are staying at my parents' place till Ms. Piggy gets used to childcare life. PK was resistant to the idea of moving to Bedok initially but i highlighted to him about the childcare arrangement and Claire's future education. He has gradually accepted it and due to "face" issues, he has not admitted to me that he is actually tired from all these travelling between Bedok & Redhill.

Myself, I m also tired of the travelling but been telling myself that it is not. As i m afraid that if i admit that it is, i might lose the strength to go on. But I m in a stage of self denial, by admitting it earlier at least, i wont find ways and means to escape from the stress of it! Now, i just have to tell myself that its a temporary situation and it will improve soon!

Work, also dependent on the family factor. I m unhappy in my current working environment as its simply stagnant. No room for growth be it in terms of promotion in duties or pay. If SS will to see this post, she will definitely say, "Hey, i had given you the opportunity but you refused to take it!" My answer, "I had given my feedback to you but with your micro-management style and insecurities, you failed to motivate me to go further. That's your failure and please dun blame it on the company structure!"

Recently, I realised why I m so angry with SS and some of my colleagues. I m happy that I knew the reason and at least, I dun have to carry this toxic feelings inside me. Now, I know that I should just do what is required of me and be open to options, be positive and I m sure better opportunities will come along. Also, at the same time, i must learn how to deal with occassional unreasonable demands/requests from SS, Anna and her gang. By knowing to better deal with them, this will enable me to have a better EQ in handling human relations.

Now, i told myself not to think too much about the future. Just do what is required of me at work, spent more time with my family and improve on the communication channels with PK and also at the same time, if there is any better career opportunities, just go for it... I m sure i will be able to get out from this moody period. That i think will be the best decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment