Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Contradictions

Dad was out of his last job recently. He was employed in a security firm that outsourced staff to SMRT for those security personnel in the MRT stations.

He lost his job as a passenger (got checked twice by SMRT security personnel) wrote a 3 pages long complaint email to SMRT. The exact story, I m unsure as Dad was just giving me snippets here and there.

Yesterday, at Redhill MRT station, I saw a Security Personnel (older than Dad), a passenger and the SMRT station control staff. The passenger was complaining to the SMRT station control staff and I overhead his statement, "I dun like the attitude of his, talking to me like that.." (pointing to the Security personnel)

From this 2 incidents, I figured that folks like Dad's age should not be hired to do such job as they might be hard of hearing thus, speaking to folks slightly louder that translate to shouting to our ears unless those used to old folks at home.

I find it contradicting whereby the government strongly encourage senior citizens to work and firms are hiring them as they are considered "cheap labour" yet, they can get themselves out of job easily like such instances.

My conclusion, really must save $$ for retirement as noone is willing to hire senior citizens to work. Such is the reality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment