Friday, June 26, 2009

Moving

I had moved at least 3 times in my 30+ years of life.

My first home was in Jalan Besar, a shophouse owned by my paternal grandparents. Jalan Besar can be considered as town area but it is a messy area too. There is a red light district within walking distance and at the same time, quite polluted as the shophouse faces the main road!

Within 2 months of my birth, we moved to Bedok. Back then, Bedok was a NEW TOWN (like Seng Kang in the early days). Mum recalled fondly that she (with me) has to take a bus to Chai Chee wet market. It was not an easy task for her coz she has to handle me and at the same time doing her marketing. (Hmm, that could explain the strong bond between her & me.)

When I was 10, Dad moved us to Toa Payoh. Toa Payoh was convenient, its within minutes to Orchard. We were happy there but Mum does not like the neighbourhood... Toa Payoh can be quite rough as compared to Bedok coz it is one of the older neighbourhood. A financial crisis hit home and we moved back to Bedok (my parents' current place) when i was 17.

The next move is to Redhill, my current home with Piglet & Pirate King. Redhill is another rough neighbourhood. It is good for its location but I dun like it as its not near to my parents' place (childcare arrangement) and not within walking distance to supermarkets & stuff. Plus, it does not have good schools (for Piglet's education).

Basically, I just wanna move to a place nearer to my parents and this has been on my agenda since Day 1. Pirate King has other ideas and i told him I dunno how long I can endure the travelling for my current childcare arrangement. And i hope that for practical reasons, he will listen to me and not be swayed by my in laws' opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment