Thursday, October 30, 2008

Roseola

Claire got it in HK!

We went to HK with Mum on 18 Oct and subsequently, Claire developed a high fever in the middle of the night, she was cranky and can't get to sleep.

Mum woke me up and HK Aunt accompanied me to see the 24 hour doctor at Nathan Road, Kowloon. I din know about the standard operating procedure in HK. Apparently, the clinic nurses will take the temperature of the patient if the patient is suspected to have fever.

The clinic nurse din take Claire's temperature and the moment we get to see the doctor. The doctor is a young chap and seems to me a GREENHORN! He was in the typical Catholic Priest pose (no offence to any Catholic Priest!)

The doctor asked 1001 questions about Claire's condition. HK Aunt got pissed off and questioned him why he is not taking Claire's temperature. He gave this dumbo explanation that it the SOP to ask questions before taking her temperature. Me got so fed up with his questions (they seem illogical to me) that i gave him this statement in PLAIN OLD ENGLISH, "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?"

This greenhorn immediately took her temperature, gosh Claire is running a high fever of 39 degrees and this idiot is still giving me crap. So this greenhorn idiotic doctor prescribed some fever & additional medication (supposed to bring her fever down)...

But Claire's temperature never really went down and I have no choice but to bring her to see the PD in Central, HK. The PD immediately diagnosed her to have roseola and his diagnosis immediately reassured me. But, my heart sank when he told me that he has to teach for UTI and if Claire really kena UTI, she has to be HOSPITALISED!

The urine test was really a torture! The nurse attached an urine bag to Claire's privates. The first time, the urine bag came off. The second time, Claire did not pee and finally we got it done for the 3rd time. My dear gal wailed and screamed whenever we tried to take her temperature or put the urine bag on her!

Me was so worried and frustrated by the antics of HK Aunt. I knew she meant it for Claire's good but it was really irritating to me. I did not want her to accompany me to see the PD coz i been there before. She kept on asking people about the directions to the PD's office and doubted my words. Furthermore, she insisted that the nurse gave Claire medication to lower her temperature. And the nurse was pissed off by her insistence and gave her attitude problem!

I told Pirate King that I really went bonkers over this! Mum understood my thoughts on the whole issue. My conclusion is Hong Kongers are really 10 times more KIASU, KIASEE than Singaporeans!

So, I have no choice but to bring Claire with me back to Singapore first... Will share my flight experience again in another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment