Friday, October 31, 2008

Alone with Claire on SQ 873

My mind was freaking out on the thought of travelling alone with Claire a few days before we were due to go home!


Somehow, I managed to survive travelling alone with Claire! Our flight was the night flight and thus we left HK Aunt's place at 5.30pm. Doris & Mum sent us off at the airport.

We went to check in our lugguage first and i requested for assistance at the counter. The assistance provided to the boarding gate was NIL (my cousin in law told me that if i had insisted/demanded, it will be GIVEN!) The ground staff seeing that I was travelling alone with Claire allowed me to check in everything.

So, i checked in 2 suitcase + 1 box (Claire's tricycle!) that amounts to 40kg! Nevermind, i piggybacked Claire into the restricted area. Mum was worried and I told her to go back with Doris coz i will somehow survive the flight.

At the immigration, the airport staff seeing that I was travelling alone, piggybacking Claire. He directed me to the shortest queue for immigration. Afterwards, we went to the scanning station, everything was done fast!

I went to the Disney store, EYS & the bookstore to do some last minute shopping before going to the boarding gate. Somehow, i m amazed at myself, 4 bags in total with a toddler in tow.

Once, we reached the aircraft. The flight stewardess helped me to carry my bags and stowed them into the overhead compartment. The only unpleasant thing is that this male passenger who is supposed to sit in the same row as me, expressing his dislike loudly of not wanting to sit with a baby. I can understand his reason but there is no need for him to say this loudly in front of me," I DUN WANT TO SIT WITH A BABY!" Its utterly rude and i embarassed him further by commenting to Claire that noone wants to sit with us coz of her.

To me, its the best thing coz i got 2 extra empty seats. That guy is pretty dumb as there are many babies/toddlers on board and sound TRAVELS! During the flight, the air crew was very nice to me. They assured me and attended to my every needs. My dear rascal was enjoying herself by crawling up and down the aisle with me tailing behind her.

Some kind passengers played with her and told me that its not wise to let her crawl as the aisle is dirty. I told them that if i dun let her do that, she will be screaming and wailing! My dear gal only made a scene when the plane landed in Changi Airport and I thanked god for that!

When fellow passengers saw my luggage at the luggage belt, they were amazed by it! One auntie even asked, "U mean they let u check it all?"

My conclusion, travelling alone with a toddler does have its perks but its really tiring and I m glad that i survived! *Salutes* my Mum coz she also did that when i was a toddler too!

No comments:

Post a Comment