Thursday, October 22, 2009

All shook up!

Today is really a big office shake up. Our CFO called for a meeting at 6.20pm and made the below announcements:

1. Foreign import of my dept => Head of Finance (News of head of finance resignation came last Friday during Happy Hour)

2. Colleague N will be taking over the duties of foreign import => CFO mentioned that she is "promoted" makes me wonder is promotion in terms of job scope, pay or level or everything.

3. Colleague G from Finance will be transferred to my dept.

4. They will hire another person to replace colleague G.

My thoughts, mixed feelings on the "promotion" part on Colleague N. On 2nd thoughts, i know where i stand so i know the reason for not "promoting" me. My only concern is work rotation and major shuffle among job duties.... Sianz....

In fact, all these happenings made me more determined to leave the company. I m already panicking inside my heart when i knew the work i done will lead me to nowhere. Looking at how the management does things further disgusted me especially on the headcount freeze & stuff. Imagine they re cutting our pay to cut costs & yet they re talking about replacement? Makes no sense, spending $$ whereby it should not be spending.

PK is very supportive, his advice is for me to get the bonus & leave the company without a job if I really can't take it. During the last interview that i went, the potential employer is quite of sianz to hear about me having to give 2 months notice. Furthermore, resigning now is not a good option coz I need to serve 2 months notice & i will have to forgo my 13th mth AWS too.

Well, i guess i just have to be patient like what ah fry advised and adopt a wait & see approach. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment