Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Someone from the office

I used to get along ok with this someone from the office - P. P just got promoted to the same level as SS (Smart Superior).

On my way out to lunch, I saw P at the lift lobby. Her fingernails was coated with crystals/stones that sparkled, her diamond rings on both hands also sparkled. At that moment, I was made even more dizzy by the sparkling stones that I really need to put on a pair of sunglasses to block out the glare. She was decked out in labels from head to toes.

Even since she has been promoted to the director level, she has been more flashy than ever in terms of her outward appearance and attitude. The most apt Chinese term to describe her is, "暴发户". I was thinking to myself, "Does power do this to people?" Looking at P's boss, A at Sr Director level doesn't behave in this manner and I still can joke & laugh with her but not P.

P just disgusts me to no point and I must say she is like a lesson for me, to learn how to be humble coz I might turn out to be like P and disgusts others to no point too. Now, I wonder how to reach the level like A?

No comments:

Post a Comment