Thursday, October 1, 2009

Parents....

Recently, something happened on the home front that rendered alot of unhappiness among the siblings and the parent.

Last nite, Dad was patting Ms Piggy to sleep (usually Ms Piggy demands that from her fave Gong Gong) and he asked me about a family friend's upcoming wedding date. I mentioned to him that I dunno the date and he raised his voice to me,"I m not fooling around with you. I m talking serious."

I was like, "WTF" inside my mind and I retorted to him that I seriously DO NOT know the date coz i was not invited to the wedding. I got out of the room and went to complain to Mum about his action. Frankly speaking, he could have just got me to ask Mum when is the date instead of raising his voice & attempted to express to me how "SERIOUS" the matter is or rather showing me that he is the FATHER and I should not mess with him.

Mum told me that she doesn't feel like attending the wedding with him and fortunately, the family friend has kindly arranged both of them to sit separately at the wedding. I was like, "Ok" and chatted with Mum on a friend's mentality on something.

I was telling Mum that its a dilemma for me on how to treat Dad nicely. He gave us alot of problems yet he raised us and gave us an education. Furthermore in the past, he doted on his niece rather than Sis & I. Now, he loves Ms. Piggy more than anyone of us and will always be the first one to help me with Ms. Piggy.

Mum was asking telling me how difficult it is for her to face Dad now and she seriously can't stand the sight of Dad now. Seeing them in this kind of situation, there s nothing I can do as their problem is deeply rooted and been there for many years. All I could do now is be their messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment