Monday, June 9, 2008

Values to teach Claire

Yesterday, a kind lady gave up her seat for me & Claire on the train. Her daughter was quite pissed off as she wanted her Mother to sit besides her. As usual, Claire likes to kick her little legs and she almost kicked the gal besides me. This gal wanted to hit Claire's legs but her Mother stopped her and chided her for doing that.

What i did was to stop Claire from kicking so that she won't irritate this little gal sitting besides me. This little gal's action is very typical and I m glad that her Mother knows how to teach her the right values.

This reminds me of an incident that happened 18 years ago when I was a Primary 6 student. I took the double decker bus home and sat besides this little gal. This little gal was whining and complaining to her mother that was seated infront with her younger brother. She basically dun want me to sit besides her.

She started whining, then crying and followed by pushing & pinching me. Her actions were simple, just to get rid of me. Me, being a stubborn one, refused to budge as I did nothing wrong. Guess what, her mother instead of discipling her brat scolded me for not giving into her darling daughter! Even with her mother's scolding, I refused to budge. That brat continued her pinching and pushing behaviour. That was the worst bus ride of my life!

If such things will to happen to Claire, I will tell Claire to leave the seat and report to the bus driver of the horrible behaviour of the mother and daughter. Whether will anything be done to right such a wrong, its immaterial. At least, I dun want Claire to be subjected to such disadvantage and let her know the realities of the world by herself.

As for that Mother and Daughter, I only hoped that the Mother did ensure that her daughter dun turn out to be a brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment