Sunday, June 8, 2008

Melting Tear drops

Claire gave me big tear drops (the size of a pea) that utterly melts aka breaks my heart today.

We went for lunch at Mum's place in celebration of the Dragon Boat Festival but i guess this is Dad's excuse of a gathering!

After my lunch, its Claire turn for her lunch (over due for at least 15 minutes). I made rice cereal for her and it was too watery. Halfway into feeding her, she protested and cried big time, suddenly these tears just came. At that moment, i felt so defeated, I felt that I had failed her as a Mother for unable to provide her with a simple rice cereal that she loved.

Mum & Sis came over to check on her and reassured her. Claire continued her intake of rice cereal and with those tear drops on her face. I told her this, "Even if you dun like the rice cereal, you should not cry in such a way. The way you cried is as if Mama abused you"

The truth is, i felt like telling her, "Claire sweetie, you broke Mama's heart." And i felt like crying too upon seeing her tears. Guess, i still have a long way to go in raising Claire!

No comments:

Post a Comment