Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Am I too OUTDATED in my thoughts?

Was going through the forum topics in a Brides' website....

I just realised that I m really one of those rare ones who dun really give a hoot about covering back the cost of my wedding.

A lot of forumers commented on trying to recoup their cost of wedding etccc... etccc..... This bought me back to an incident happening 2 years ago when stewpig Hubby & me were dating.

Stewpig Hubby has bought quite an substantial amount of insurance from this friend of his, I should called this friend "S". Dear hubby told me that S is very experienced as a wedding planner and S told him that he can organise a wedding that costs less than $10,000. In my mind, i was thinking how the hell it can occurred?

We met up with S. He gave a loads of "expert" advice which i deemed it as nonsense. Such as limiting the no of banquet tables to be given to my parents etc etc. The best part is that our invited guests are spilt into 3 categories, A, B & C. A => confirmed will attend the banquet & give big angbaos, B => might not be able to attend the banquet but will give angbaos & C => standby guests to make up for category B guests! I told dear hubby that if we have the aim of recouping our cost of wedding... We might as well dun hold a wedding banquet!

So, i was thinking to myself.. In this days & times, are i really OUTDATED in my thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment