Friday, January 25, 2008

Interview

I went for an interview yesterday. The company used to be a statutory board but now privatised.

From this interview, it sets me thinking about loads of stuff and shred some light about myself at the same time. I had been wanting to leave my current job before I gave birth to Piglet due to human factors, benefits and renumeration.

Human factors
The management of the company doesn't allow us to take half days leave or nap at our workstations during lunch hours. Our manager also enforced the rule of us taking our lunch in shifts, not only that she will interfere on who we lunch with at times! All these nitty-gritty stuff is nothing but it makes the workplace inhumane.

Benefits & Remuneration
Frankly speaking, they are nothing fantastic to talk about. The remuneration is worse, it does not compensate for the amount of work we do. Plus there has been some preferential treatment of staff given, this made us even more pissed off!

All in all, there is 1001 reasons for leaving my current job but the most crucial is actually Progression in my career!

This is what the interviewer had set me thinking. I was surprised that my direct & frank personality impressed her even though i m deemed as a job hopper in her eyes and especially when the potential employer is a used to be statutory board.

Whether or not will I clinch a 2nd interview, I m grateful for the advice that she had dished out to me and she highlighted what I had lacked - Perseverance. This is what I had lacked! Perseverance & endurance will definitely get me through work stress and the stress in looking after Piglet now. I seriously have to embark on my goal on being a manager in another 3 years time. Just give me the strength and courage to tide through this period!

No comments:

Post a Comment