Sunday, February 5, 2006

My "Little Black Dress"


As my civil solemnisation ceremony is in April 06... that is another 2 months to go....

I need a dress for this ceremony.... Initially, I have no intention to buy any new dress for it.... but the women in my family won't heard of it.... Thus, the search for the "Little Black Dress" begins......

Being an extremely picky person and someone who does not have a fanastic figure ie NOT SLIM! The search is a tough one.....

I chanced upon this dress 2 days ago while shopping with my Mum... My Mum is my fashion adviser and she used to be a seamstress.... She is those type of Mum that will ask you to change your clothes if she saw what her children wearing are not presentable!

The minute I tried it on, I FELL IN LOVE with it!!!!! This dress came with a hefty price tag but it has a 30% discount and on top of it, I have a $50 discount voucher to be used... I wanted to buy it immediately..... But, Mum stopped me.... Her reason is simple... Go and shop around first before buying it!

Today, Mum and I went shopping again...... After going though various brands, whether local or international designers..... My heart is set! It's going to be that dress!

I personally felt that Mum wanted me to get a white coloured dress..... but after trying different designs of white dresses, white dresses don't flatter me at all! They made my tummy looked obvious!

Finally, I bought the little black dress...... The little black dress is not black... It's turquoise blue and its a Laundry by Shelli Segal dress! Do not asked me about the price, all I can say that it's a good buy cum investment coz I will wear this dress to other formal functions!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment