Monday, January 19, 2009

Temper, temper, tantrums~!

Ms Claire is starting to show us who is the boss now and its a test of my patience & sanity coz I had lost my temper quite a number of times by shouting or screaming at her... Made me feel that i m a bad mother!

On Sunday, we went to IKEA for dinner and we went for some window shopping after dinner to digest our food. We put her on the IKEA trolley and pushed her around. We saw this children chair and wanted to get it for her.

So, we carried her from the trolley and put her on the chair. BIG MISTAKE!

The moment we put her back into the trolley after trying out the chair, Ms Claire was WAILING BIG TIME! She refused to sit in the trolley and wants us to carry her! Pirate King & I ignored her totally despites getting stares from other shoppers.

What amazed me is that she can cry for a whole good 10 minutes! Wailing, sobbing, screaming all rolled into one! Pirate King was the first one to give way to her tantrums, he said, "Do u think we should just carry her now? She is giving us the "Merlion" look."

Well, the moment he mentioned Merlion, i got him to carry her but Ms Piggy refused! She extended her hands to me! She wants me to carry her instead!!! I carried her but she was still crying and sobbing very hard. I told her if she wants me to carry her, she has to stop crying but she still continue if not, i will put her down on the floor.

So, I just put her down on the floor (cried even louder) and emphasized my point again. Then I carried her, she still cried... So the action of putting her down and carrying her up continued for 2-3 times, till she fully understand what i mean. She stopped crying and after a while wants to be free range chicken again!

From her behaviour, Claire is really a stubborn one and this is not the first time she does such crying! Mum told me that she is spoilt but i think she is not. Claire is trying to push her boundaries and with each push, she learns. For me, i m still learning how to push the right buttons in teaching her and to control my temper even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment